Privacy isn't a checkbox
We are the users of our products. As such, we want to feel safe in the knowledge that our privacy matters. That’s why privacy is at the core of every decision we make.
Delivering a privacy-first solution
For far too long we’ve been told that to have great user experiences, we have to share everything about ourselves. Simply put, this is lazy engineering. To deliver a privacy-first solution, you need to start with a strong foundation: we run on-device.
Any burning questions?
We do our utmost to ensure user data is respected and never mishandled. A few things that we do to deliver a privacy-by-design solution:
- Processing as much as possible on the device and not offloading it to the cloud, to minimise the chance of data leakage or misuse;
- Not sending any raw sensor data off the device to prevent fingerprinting;
- Only sending aggregated insights off the device (e.g. walking, joggers);
- Not associating user data with a unique identifier;
- Not storing data for longer than we have to in order to deliver value.
We operate on the basis of either consent or legitimate interest (see our impact assessment for more details), and keep data safe by storing as little as possible and pseudonymising any data sent to our servers.
We do not allow Clients to provide us with any information about minors under 13 years old. If we learn that personal information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.